Over a period of time I will insert portions of The Book of Proverbs, the reason being that the “Wise Man”, Solomon, had something of which to remind us. There are 31 chapters in Proverbs, one for each day of the month. They are like reins on a horse or a steering wheel on a car. Failure to use them, and that right properly, we end up in trouble with God and with men.
We begin with Chapter 1:1-6.
- The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel:
- To know wisdom and instruction, to discern the sayings of understanding,
- To receive instruction in wise behavior, righteousness, justice and equity;
- To give prudence to the naïve, to the youth knowledge and discretion,
- A wise man will hear and increase in learning, and a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel,
- To understand a proverb and a figure, the words of the wise and their riddles.
- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Review … Reflect … REJOICE!